Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!

Well, eighteen years ago, I was frantically getting ready at my apartment.....eating the only thing in my pantry, a can of sweet potatoes, ( brides to be, don’t eat a half can of barely warm sweet potatoes the morning of your wedding, unless you put more butter and brown sugar on then I did) and feeling quite overwhelmed but very excited about this whole marriage thing.

Fast forward through eighteen years...

We are...

happy
tough
the parents of seven.....two who see the Beatific Vision before us.
crazy busy with a very medically intense family
pliable
willing to compromise, and compromise some more
very much in love...and very appreciative for the Grace through the Sacrament of Marriage...Baby, we have needed it!!!!

Deo Gratias for you, Jim.....as JPII exalted us,  “Families, become who you are!”
Indeed.....we are doing just that.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a nice evening with your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful day!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Day my friend! I so hope that you and Jim are enjoying a wonderful date night - and that you have adequately bribed all the children to keep out of your way. How was that double chocolate dessert? As always you are an inspiration to me.

    (btw - we will be having our 18th too - in August!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it was so, so nice!!! Candlelight, awesome dinner....boys keeping Lily downstairs for our meal....and then before we watched our instant view on Netflix, Lily went to sleep very quickly. It all worked perfectly, and I am so glad we stayed home....we are going to have to do this more often!!!
    Thanks, everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! The 28th is my son's birthday so very special to me - and the fact that it's the Feast of the Holy Innocents!

    May you both be blessed with many, many more years together! What a great post!

    ReplyDelete