Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Still Alive

Yep....we are still here.  This has been a difficult winter with illness.  Where last year was the year of surgery, (good riddance), this winter is turning into a blur of fever, aches, chills, cough, and general malaise that lasts for nearly two weeks once it runs through everyone.....only to start over again in 3 weeks or so.  Enough!!!! I normally do not get as sick as the kids, or sometimes not at all.  These viruses must be all new ones to us, I am equally as sick as the kids.  Thanks be to God no one has a trach right now, and on that same subject of giving thanks, Lily has always gotten a milder form of whatever is knocking us all flat.  Whew.

So I am posting a picture of Miss Lily in the snow! This is the first time she played outside with “her guys” and was all bundled up.  Just to keep it real....she did come in after about 20 minutes and told me that it was TOO COLD to play out there!!  She did the same thing at the sled hill with Daddy.  Went down the hill three times and was done.  “Daddy, it is too cold, I need a rest!”

How long until Spring??

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you all have been so ill! I hope the remainder of winter is better for you. So sweet to see Lily in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a winter of sickness too! Try upping your vitamin D intake. I don't know if you are like me, but I avoid the cold weather at all costs....so that means I get very little sun and very little Vitamin D. I'm taking 1000 IU instead of the 400 in my prenatal. It could be a coincidence, but we've been healthy since we started them...I need to find something to knock on!

    ReplyDelete